Internship Opportunity: Digital Intern, Marketing
Pancho Villa’s Army Digital Intern, Marketing & Social Media
Summer 2013 - May 15, 2013 to August 15, 2013
All Pancho Villa’s Army (PVA) Internship Program participants must be 18 years old or older and either a college student (sophomore status or higher preferred), graduate student, or have graduated within six months of their acceptance into the program.
PVA, owned and operated in by PVA LLC, is a newly launched Mexican National Soccer Team fan group offering a wide range of original soccer content, travel, and tickets to Mexican Soccer Team matches in the U.S. and around the world. PVA is the first ever fan/supporters group of the Mexican National Team.
PVA is seeking an enthusiastic, smart, self-motivated, efficient, hard-working intern to help support their marketing and social media efforts. The internship will begin in the summer and end in the fall prior to the first semester.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the marketing / social Media intern will focus a majority of their time overseeing platform community management (YouTube, Twitter, Facebook) and helping to drive video distribution to outside media outlets (social, blogs, club sites).
- Manage, monitor and optimize PVA activities on all social media platforms including Facebook, You Tube, Twitter, etc.
- Write, publish and update weekly content across all social channels based on PVA programming schedule and events
- Research and present new distribution opportunities to help extend PVA audience
- Coordinate user-generated content collected via social media promotions and sweepstakes
- Monitor and manage all aspects of community management
- Create photo galleries by selecting, editing and uploading photos
- Support additional digital staff members when requested
- Potential evening and weekend hours may be required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Web savvy; must possess experience with social media platforms
- Knowledge of HTML; experience with an HTML editor preferred
- Experience with photo editing software (i.e. Adobe Photoshop) preferred
- Knowledge of soccer a plus
- Spanish speaking a major plus
- Self-motivated, driven team player
Location: This job will be performed via telecomute and therefore open nation wide. You may work from home, coffee shop, or on the go through a mobile device with internet capabilities.
Please provide your resume to PanchoVillasArmy@gmail.com ; if you have any school paperwork that would be required to be signed or approved by us for college credit please provide it with your resume.