Internship Opportunity: Editorial Intern
Pancho Villa’s Army Editorial Intern
Summer 2013 - May 15, 2013 to August 15, 2013
All Pancho Villa’s Army (PVA) Internship Program participants must be 18 years old or older and either a college student (sophomore status or higher preferred), graduate student, or have graduated within six months of their acceptance into the program.
PVA, owned and operated in by PVA LLC, is a newly launched Mexican National Soccer Team fan group offering a wide range of original soccer content, travel, and tickets to Mexican Soccer Team matches in the U.S. and around the world. PVA is the first ever fan/supporters group of the Mexican National Team.
PVA is seeking an enthusiastic, smart, self-motivated, efficient, hard-working intern to help support their journalistic ventures. The internship will begin in the summer and end in the fall prior to the first semester.
An internship with PVA is a fully immersive digital journalistic adventure. No one is getting coffee or making copies. It is a rigorous but fun hands-on experience working with fellow journalists in a fast-paced digital-media environment.
- Report and write articles and blog posts for the web
- Edit and publish articles from outside contributors
- Cover LigaMX matches, learning the basics of sports reporting
- Host live chats during matches, interacting with fans and other media members
- Take part in other digital media platforms (podcasts, video)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Web savvy; must possess experience with social media platforms
- Knowledge of HTML; experience with an HTML editor preferred
- Experience with photo editing software (i.e. Adobe Photoshop) preferred
- Knowledge of soccer a plus
- Spanish speaking a major plus
- Self-motivated, driven team player
This job will be performed via telecomute and therefore open nation wide. You may work from home, coffee shop, or on the go through a mobile device with internet capabilities.
Please provide your resume to PanchoVillasArmy@gmail.com ; if you have any school paperwork that would be required to be signed or approved by us for college credit please provide it with your resume.