PVA In The News
Click On The Articles:
Pancho Villa's Army ha unido a los Mexicanos en EU
- www.us.as.com; by Arthur Guisasola, February 7, 2017.
"Nosotros hemos unido a los Mexicanos en Estados Unidos."
At USA v. Mexico, There Will Be a Big, Awkward Elephant in the Room
- www.Sports.Yahoo.com; by Leander Schaerlaeckens, November 8, 2016.
"The current political climate gives Mexican people the feeling that chants and tee shirts have a subtle connotation."
Pancho Villa's Army: The role of football in Mexican-American identity
- www.OutSideOfTheBoot.com; by Tom Harrison (@Tomh_36), November 11, 2015.
"Marco, part of the Phoenix "Battalion", described the group's meet-ups, which take place every time Mexico play, as empowering!"
United States and Mexico clash captures imagination among fans
- www. ESPNFC.com; by Cesar Hernandez & Tom Marshall, October 13, 2015.
"When my family came here from Mexico, we huddled around our food, our language, our culture and our community."
United States v. Mexico; the 50-50 Challenge
- www.ESPNFC.com; by Andrea Canales, October 7, 2015.
"Mexico is better. The U.S. has nothing at the moment. This is easily the worse U.S. team in recent history."
Cuando Una Playera De Mexico Fue Arma De Ayuda En La Guerra De Irak
- www.vicesports.com, October 7, 2015.
"Lo que mas me ayudo para hacer relacciones con los Iraquies fue el futbol."
Pancho Villa's Army: La Porra Viajera del Tri
- www.aldiadallas.com; by Magaly Ayala, September 4, 2015.
"Formar una organizacion donde los Mexicanos se pudieran unir para apoyar a la seleccion."
They Want You For Pancho Villa's Army
- www.TheSportingNation.com; by Jose Romero, July 8, 2015.
"They will party - Puro Pinche Party - and march to Mexico matches in the United States, and be some of the most visible and loud fans of El Tri at any venue."
The Complicated Simplicity of Fandom
- www.TexasMonthly.com; by Jeff Beckham, April 23, 2015.
"Gathering among fellow Mexicans and Mexican-Americans, speaking Spanish, eating our food, and just enjoying the way we celebrate through sport."
Million of U.S. Soccer Fans are Cheering for Mexico
- www.nbcnews.com; by Loan Grillo, June 17, 2014.
"We can fill out stadiums all over the United States. And the numbers are matched with our passion."
Fan Group Pancho Villa's Army Leads Mexico Soccer's Invasion of the U.S.
- www.TheGuardian.com; by Tom Marshall, June 3, 2014
"The Mexican national team is the best supported team in the US and I say that even related to American football, to baseball."
The Beginning of Pancho Villa's Army
- Pacific Standard Magazine; by Ryan O'Hanlan, May 15, 2014.
"The most popular soccer in the United States is one that plays against the United States."
Pancho Villa's Army Unites El Tri Fans in the U.S
. - www.Remazcla.com; by @Afroxander, April 16, 2013.
"Undoubtedly, there are many fans of Mexico's National Team in the USA...but there's no supporter group that unifies them in any way. This is where Pancho Villa's Army comes in."
Pancho Villa's Army
- www.SportsOnEarth.com; by Noah Davis, July 24, 2013.
"The Gold Cup  was the first time the army gathered at a match, and the response surprised the first generation Mexican-American."
Conflicted Allegiances at Mexico-U.S. Soccer Match
- www.ReportingTexas.com; by M.Mikayla Martinez, May 20, 2015.
"When you're born in the U.S., but you have family in Mexico, that's when you have a dilemma."?